Thursday, February 23, 2012

Mushroom Stuffed Chicken

Sometimes I get in a mood to make something fancy. I have to be in the mood though.  I wish it happened every day...and I'm sure Justin wouldn't mind either=) I tried to have everything ready for Justin by the time he got home the other night...well, that didn't happen. I got a little ahead of myself.  It was fun though.  I made "stuffed mushroom" stuffed chicken.  Sounds good for you right!?  Not so much, but it was definitely tasty.

Here's the recipe.  I just kinda went with it, so the measurements are up to you. You really can't mess this up.  I just put the same ingredients that I put in stuffed mushrooms.

Mushrooms
Onions
Fresh garlic clove (or two)
one or two pieces of torn bread
Butter
Feta Cheese

And I added some fresh Thyme

You just cook all that down in a pan with butter and then stuff it in your thawed chicken breast...as much as you can stuff...you stuff!!  I know...it looks kinda gross..

I then breaded the whole thing with egg and breading.

You don't have to, but I seared both sides of the breading in a hot pan before I put it in the oven...it helps keep the breading on and keeps it a bit crispier.  I learned that one from our cousin Brent=)  Thanks=)

Oh, and once you stuff, the mushrooms, you can add a slice of cheese in there too...I put pepperjack in Justin's and mozz in mine.

Here's how they turned out.



To top off the mea, serve it up with some fresh zucchini and garlic bread.  I hope you get to try it!  It's really yummy.  A great date night meat at the house.




No comments:

Post a Comment