Monday, December 5, 2011

DIY Paper Flowers

Happy Monday to you all!  It's so crazy to me that it's December!  Time sure does fly.  This is such a sweet time of year. I love how many gatherings there are in December.  Craft parties, birthday parties, appetizer parties, white elephant parties, hot chocolate parties...and then all the festivities of Christmas.

I was thinking today how thankful I am for all the people in our life. We are truly blessed. I have been asking God to show me how to focus on the blessings in life.  The things HE has done for me, and not always wish I had something that I don't. It's amazing how my perspective changes when I do.  God is a good God.

I went to a baby shower recently and the room was filled with some really amazing women who are big parts of my life.  I am so thankful for friends.  I was asked to make some decor for the shower.  She is having a boy, so I made some blue, yellow, brown, and turquoise paper flowers. They were so much fun to make and I was honored to be a part of the shower.

They are so simple to make.  All you need is some fun scrapbooking paper, tissue, and some hot glue.

All you do is cut out some flower shapes and glue the tips together of each petal to make them 3-D.  They can be made in a million different ways, so just have fun with it!

Here are the boquets I made...









I hope you have a good start to your week. Let's focus on the blessings this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment