Monday, December 19, 2011

DIY Advent Calendars

I was thinking about making a fun advent calendar for Christmas.  I probably won't until we have kiddos in the house, but this one caught my eye. It's so fun!  I remember having one when we were little.  There were a bunch of really small little gifts individually wrapped, one on each day.  It was the most fun thing ever!  The anticipation was so hard to bear!  I remember asking multiple times in a day if I had already opened the one for that day or if I had to wait for the morning.  It was THE FIRST thing I wanted to do when I woke up.

Gifts were never a huge thing in our home. I think the advent calendar was a gift from someone to us kids, but it sure was fun.  My parents wanted us to always remember what Christmas was all about.  I am so thankful for them and the things they taught us...and are still teaching us. 

I do love though how gifts are a way for us to show others how much we love them.  After all, Christ coming to earth was in itself, LOVE.  It is so much fun to be able to bless others with a little gift representing love.



I know this one is a little fall-ish, but I really like how simple it is and how they just used cute little tote bags for the pockets.  Looks really simple to make!
Is this not the cutest thing?? I don't think I  would have the patience to knit all of these...and if I did, they probably wouldn't turn out looking like mittens.  Sewing...ok.  Knitting...not ok!


These simple greens and greys are way too cute!  I love how simple this is too. And the items in each bag are so cute and organic.  Love it!
I hope you have a good, relaxing week before Christmas!





No comments:

Post a Comment