Monday, November 7, 2011

TV Stand Plans

I have still been keeping my eye out for a TV stand, and haven't found any that fit the bill. SO...I think we are gonna try and make one.  When I say we, I mean that I have asked my brother if he'd be willing to help...while I stand by and encourage.  I would like to say I will contribute...but I don't know how much of a help I would be. I will try though. I like that sort of thing, just don't know much about it, other than the one semester of shop class I had in high school.

Anyway, it's so nice of Derek to be willing to help. Him and Justin built Justin's office desk and it turned out really neat.  Derek has built lots of really amazing things for his family too. He is quite talented. Becky designed a similar stand for their TV.  I told her I liked it so much I wanted to copy.

Here's the initial sketch I have of the stand.  I'd like for there to be doors on part of it to hide cords, games, movies, etc. The rest would be neat for books and organizational baskets.   

I guess we'll see if the final project turns out like this or if I change my mind a million times. I'm good at that. But I suppose I can't really do that when the project involves cutting, gluing and nailing.

Hope you all have a great start to your week today.  Remember to be thankful today.

No comments:

Post a Comment