Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving for Two: Post Two

We are so blessed to have our families live so close to us.  So many people have to travel/choose who they get to see on holidays.  We get to see both sides.  I'm so thankful for that. I haven't yet cooked our own Thanksgiving meal since we've been married.  We are still going to eat meals with our families, but I thought this year it was time to make one of our own too... YES...we will be eating lots.




So...we bought two little cornish hens, and I'm planning on making our own little meal. I love cooking, but there are some things I just still haven't tackled on my own.  I guess now is as good a time as any.  I've never roasted a turkey, and never made stuffing. I've helped...but it's not the same. Usually when I think I know how to make something because of helping my mom in the past, I really don't.  When I try it on my own, I forget everything and have to call her.  I'm glad I can do that though. Thanks mom=)

I found this really tasty recipe for our little hens (kinda sad, I know)


Mmmmm...don't they look so good??   Here's the recipe.
There are grapes in the recipe and fresh Thyme spriggs.  So fun!  I love using fresh herbs.

For the potatoes, I want to make twice baked.  They are my favorite.  My mouth is watering just looking at these! I like putting garlic, sour cream, cheese, butter, milk, and bacon in mine. So healthy.


And I will be trying stuffing.  I love my mom's recipe because it isn't super mushy.  I like stuffing a little more dry.  I did find this recipe though that looked really interesting.  Might have to give it a try.


Come back tomorrow to see some yummy dessert recipes.

Have a great Tuesday!  The break is almost here!

No comments:

Post a Comment