Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Flower Painting in Progress

I started on the vintage flower painting makeover. I'm excited to see how it will turn out. I probably should have gone out and bought stencil letters, but I am cheap and just wanted to draw them myself.  They are not perfect, but we'll see how they turn out. 

My plan is to just free hand painting around each letter so the letters themselves will show the old painting through them. It might end up taking forever...I usually do things like that.  I think it'll be a fun, quick project and then 5 hours later...

Anyway, here's what the paintings looked like...




 This is the faint text I have drawn on so far. It's gonna say "Home is where loved ones are"
These paintings came in some really neat old frames. I think I'm gonna paint the frames a fun color when I get done too.


Have a great middle of the week day!

3 comments:

  1. I bet it will look great, Kendra! I love the painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you guys. I should clarify...I DID NOT paint this. I got it at a thrift store and am going to do a little re-model on it=) I do love the colors though!

    ReplyDelete