Friday, September 16, 2011

Spruce Up Your Machine

I saw a simple pin cushion that someone tied around their machine for easy access.  I was inspired to make my own. I always have a huge pile of pins on my machine after I use them... So I decided to use velcro and make a really fun cushion that would make me WANT to put them where they belong.

To begin, cut out two heart shaped pieces of fabric. ( or any shape you want )

Next,  cut a smaller shaped heart out of different fabric and stitch it to the top piece of the heart with the machine (now is a good time to try out some of those decorative stitches on your machine if you have them).  

Then, turning good sides of fabric facing each other, sew around the heart, leaving a small section opened ( to flip )

I used scrap fabric as my stuffing.  It is a great way to get rid of some of your scraps and still be able to use them!



Stuff as tight as you can and stitch up the open seam.

Next, take some sticky-backed Velcro and stick one to the back of the heart and one to your machine.
( Make sure it is clear of all knobs and switches)



It's so fun how something so simple can brighten up your workspace. And it only takes about fifteen minutes!  Enjoy!



3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I'm definitely going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you gals like it=) I am loving mine...and it really does make me want to use pins! Good luck making yours...I'd love to see it when you're done!

    ReplyDelete