Monday, August 8, 2011

DIY Cork Board Walls

I was so put up with our blank slate walls I had to do something about it.  I started in our office/sewing room where we spend a lot of time during the day.  I loved some of the cork boards I saw here, and wanted to try a few of my own.

I went to the local flea market and picked up some super cheap tiny frames.  Hobby lobby had some small packages of cork sheets and I went to work.  It was a really fun project that didn't take lots of time.  Simple, quick and cheap...that's what I like.  So here's the first part of my process.  I'll post the other tomorrow.  You should make some...or maybe you already have.  I'd love to see them!



First step: Pick out some cheap frames you like, or some you have laying around the house.
Second Step:  Start taking them apart and save the backing for your tracing templates.



Third Step: Trace the templates on the cork board and cut out.





Come back for tomorrow to see the rest.

Hope you had a great weekend.  Have a happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment