Friday, June 17, 2011

For My Dad

Happy Father's Day! 





I know you like poetry...It may sound a little cheesy, but I found this and thought it fit quite perfectly.


 
You may have thought I didn't see,
Or that I hadn't heard,
Life lessons that you taught to me,
But I got every word.
 
Perhaps you thought I missed it all,
And that we'd grow apart,
But Dad, I picked up everything,
It's written on my heart.
 
Without you, Dad, I wouldn't be
The Woman I am today;
You built a strong foundation
No one can take away.
 
I've grown up with your values,
And I'm very glad I did;
So here's to you, dear father,
From your forever grateful kid.
 
 

I am so blessed to have a dad as amazing as you.  You are so faithful, steady and strong.  Thanks for your many great examples.  Love you.





This is my Grandpa when he was young.  He was an amazing man and we miss him lots and lots. My Dad resembles him in many ways.




Love you Dad.  Thanks for all you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment