Monday, May 23, 2011

Hand Painted Bathroom

We are well under way with the major projects on our home.  I'll be honest, I was set on an older home...with "character"...but it's crazy how many projects there are, even on a new home!  I am so thankful for what we have!  I couldn't ask for anything more. God has truly blessed us.

I saw this hand-painted bathroom in a really neat eclectic house a while back.  I've been wanting to try it myself ever since.  I figure how hard can it be...right?!  So, I think that will be one of my next projects.  I'm really looking forward to it. I figure the worst that could happen would be I hated it and I'd just paint over it.

I've been looking for inspirational vintage wallpaper patterns that I can put together to make my own.  I think I want to stick with a pretty monochromatic color scheme, but I like these prints.




I really like this big bold flower!  I might try this one all over with a few leaves too.  hmmm


I'm thinking about painting the small 1/2 bath chartruese and doing the hand-painted design on it.  I don't know if it's gonna be too "out there", but I guess we'll never know until we try right? 

Hope you had a great weekend!

Kendra




www.pinterest.com, www.littlelovables.com, www.etsy.com

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! If anyone can do it it's you! It's going to be wonderful, of course! I hope we'll get to see pics when you're done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the pics are so beautiful .. The walls are adorable. The best picture is the last one.. The walls are very elegant. Thanks for posting!!! :)

    _______________________
    small bathtubs

    ReplyDelete